The only twin Tier 3 data centre operator on the Isle of Man, our centres have resilience built into every part of their infrastructure.
Key aspects of this exceptional reliance include:
- Purpose built and fully compartmented, resilient power supplies, backed by onsite electrical substations, N+1 generators, N+1 UPSs and N+1s batteries. In addition, there are onsite diesel stores to ensure that operations can run independently for up to 5 days, backed by guaranteed and robust diesel supply contracts. The Island itself has independent and resilient power supplies, both on and off Island, from a diverse mix of gas turbine, diesel, and hydro generation, plus a subsea cable connected to the UK grid.
- The only 24x7x365 guaranteed manned data centre in the Isle of Man, providing customers with around the clock specialist technical support, security and customer access.
- 24x7x365 onsite “remote hands” engineering service
- An air conditioned and humidity-controlled environment
- CAT6 LSF flood wired structured cabling
- Very early smoke and fire detection systems (VESDA)
- Argonite fire suppression system
- Purpose built, fully compartmented, and completely resilient secure underground fibre chambers.
- Flood protection and water detection systems.
- A unique Customer Internet Portal which allows customers access to monitor, view and measure SLA performance, and power/bandwidth utilisation.
- DVR security surveillance system
- Fully integrated and centralised building management systems.
Our Data Centres' offshore location means that it is less vulnerable to disruptive events compared to those in large mainland urban areas and have been designed to minimize its impact on the environment with the use of outside air for supplementary cooling, low smoke and fume wires, and eco-friendly fire suppression systems. The Isle of Man is also committed to power diversity, renewable energy and reaching the Kyoto and Rio targets for CO2 emissions.
Taken together, these measures ensure our Data Centres' continual availability, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, and offer our customers an exceptional level of guaranteed availability.