We set our own high standards, but we don’t stop at that. We are committed to external validation of our services by holding a number of demanding certifications.
Occupational Health and Safety Standard
(ISO 45001:2018) (December 2022)
Occupational Health & Safety Policy
The Occupational Health & Safety Policy has been established by Manx Telecom Group Management to support the strategic objectives of the business and a commitment to continual improvement of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
Health and safety will always be a top priority for Manx Telecom Group. Our primary goals are to prevent work related injuries and ill-health, eliminate hazards, minimise Health & Safety risks to employees, customers, contractors and interested parties.
We aim to conduct our business in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems standard and supporting legislation & regulations.
The Occupational Health & Safety Policy ensures:
- A framework for setting Health & Safety objectives
Minimising Health & Safety risks through a hazard identification & control process
- Risk assessments will be completed for all activities
- Safe systems of work will be put in place
- Safe arrangements for using, handling, storing and transporting equipment & substances
- Information, supervision, instruction and training will be available to all members of staff and contractors
- A Safe place of work, including safe access and egress
- A Safe and Healthy working environment with adequate welfare facilities
- Legislative and regulatory requirements will be met
- All Health & Safety accidents, incidents or near-misses will be reported, thoroughly investigated and opportunities for improvement identified and acted upon
- The Health, Safety & Environmental Committee will meet regularly to review and approve the Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- Consultation and participation of workers and worker representatives
- Availability of this policy statement to all interested parties; internally and externally
- Compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Policy is mandatory for all Manx Telecom employees & third-party contractors
- The Compliance Manager is responsible for maintaining the policy with support from the Health, Safety & Environmental Committee
- The CEO is responsible for approving the policy
- The Policy must be reviewed annually or sooner if there are any significant changes to ensure it remains suitable, adequate & effective
This policy applies to all Manx Telecom Group procedures, projects, products, services & infrastructure.
Quality Standard (ISO 9001:2015) (January 2023)
Quality Policy Summary
The documented quality system captures the Quality Policy and objectives of the Company. It is a key document in our Quality Management System (QMS) and outlines the Manx Telecom Group top management’s commitment to continuous improvement.
It is designed to ensure the Manx Telecom Group complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 company wide, with no exemptions being sought.
The scope of our QMS covers:
- Development, deployment and support of telecommunications services for the Isle of Man
The scope has been determined based upon the context of the organisation and reflects compliance obligations identified within our documented system.
First choice for our customers, best choice for our community and the environment
To deliver consistently great experiences that delight our customers
Simplification and operational efficiency
The Quality Policy will enable us to achieve our vision by understanding, meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations including legal, regulatory and contractual requirements. We will deliver our business objectives through flexible, smart and aligned processes that are continually improved. Our aim is to be a world-class excellence company with quality as an integral part of business as usual.
The Manx Telecom Group is committed to comply with the requirements and continual improvement of our QMS in the interest of our customers.
Information Security Standard (ISO 27001:2013) (January 2023)
The Information Security Policy has been established by Manx Telecom Group management to support the strategic objectives of the business and is committed to continual improvement of the Information Security Management System (ISMS).
The primary goal is to protect Manx Telecom Group information and minimise the exposure to risks related to all interested parties.
The Information Security Policy ensures:
- Sensitive information will be protected against unauthorised access.
- Confidentiality of corporate and customer information will be assured.
- Integrity and availability of information will be maintained.
- Information Security objectives will be implemented.
- Legislative and regulatory requirements will be met.
- Business Continuity plans will be developed, maintained and tested.
- Information Security training will be available for all employees.
- All actual or suspected information security events or incidents will be reported, thoroughly investigated and opportunities for improvement identified and acted upon.
- The Governance, Risk and Compliance Committee will meet regularly to review and approve the Information Security Management System.
- Compliance with the requirements of ISO 27001:2013
- Availability of this policy statement to all interested parties; internally and externally.
- Compliance with the Information Security Policy is mandatory for all Manx Telecom employees and third-party contractors.
- The Security Operations team are responsible for maintaining the policy with support from the Governance, Risk and Compliance Committee.
- The CEO is responsible for approving the policy.
- The Policy must be reviewed annually or sooner if there are any significant changes to ensure it remains suitable, adequate and effective.
This policy applies to all Manx Telecom Group procedures, projects, products, services and infrastructure. Security issues must be considered throughout the life cycle of a product or service from inception through to withdrawal.
Environmental Standard (ISO 14001:2015) (January 2023)
The Manx Telecom Group is passionately committed to the positive protection of the environment - meeting the needs of the present without compromising those of the future.
The scope of our Environmental Management System covers
Development, deployment and support of telecommunications service for the Isle of Man
The scope has been determined based upon the context of the organisation and reflects compliance obligations identified within the documented system
The Manx Telecom Group is committed to the prevention of pollution and minimising the impact of its operations on the environment. This will be achieved through a programme of continual improvement objectives.
Specifically, the Manx Telecom Group will:
- Meet all applicable legislative and other requirements and where appropriate exceed or supplement these by setting our own exacting standards and targets
- Continue to refine and develop our Environmental Management System in line with business needs, considering appropriate best practices
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in our operations, reuse rather than dispose of wherever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials
- Promote energy efficiency in the specification for new and refurbished buildings, sites and equipment and manage energy wisely in all operations
- Reduce where practicable the level of harmful emissions and aim to prevent pollution
- Consider environmental issues throughout the lifecycle of our network products, equipment and services
- Meet regularly as the Governance, Risk and Compliance Committee to approve the Environmental Management System
- Seek to minimise the visual, noise and other impacts on the local environment when siting and maintaining our buildings, structures and equipment
- Promote individual awareness of good environmental practices with employees
- Continue to explore options available regarding renewable energy procurement
- Calculate our carbon footprint and actively look to reduce carbon emissions
- Seek to reduce water consumption
This Policy is available to all interested parties through the Governance, Risk and Compliance SharePoint site and the external website and is reviewed regularly to ensure it reflects both internal and external issues that may affect its relevance.
Accuracy - BABT
We were the world’s first telecoms operator to gain British Approvals Board of Telecommunications (BABT) approval for the accuracy of our billing across fixed, mobile, and broadband. This means that our customers can have confidence that our billing processes and systems are produced and supported to the highest standards.
We provide fully outsourced managed data centre platforms to a range of customers that are required to be compliant with this standard and are audited annually. It is the world’s most advanced and most stringent security standard for online payment processors. PCI DSS is the “gold standard” for protecting customer account data.
Staff dealing with sensitive data, or involved in the security or resilience of our systems, are required to submit to regular security vetting processes.