Manx Telecom’s twin Tier 3 Data Centres at Douglas North and Greenhill are the Isle of Man’s only purpose built data centres, designed and built specifically to guarantee that
the eGaming sector receives the highest level of technical expertise, power, cooling, security, connectivity and resilience required to deliver guaranteed 24 x 7 x 365 operations.
In building Douglas North in 2005, Manx Telecom was aware that it had to provide for a client which is, in effect, an entire country. The Centre has, therefore, been designed and purpose built to protect the informational assets and operational viability of the Isle of Man, including all government and emergency services
networks. Failure of any critical system is not an option; hence the Centre has exemplary duplication of all critical systems on site.
Coupled with our original hosting facility at Douglas Central, and our second Tier 3 facility built in 2014, Manx Telecom can offer a variety of solutions, from business continuity, cloud hosting, simple co-location, managed hosting services, to full e-commerce platforms, for eGaming companies of any size.
Key aspects of our Tier 3 centres exceptional reliance include:
- Purpose built and fully compartmented, resilient power supplies, backed by onsite electrical substations, N+1 generators, N+1 UPSs and N+1s batteries. In addition, there are onsite diesel stores to ensure that operations can run independently for up to 5 days, backed by guaranteed and robust diesel supply contracts. The Island itself has independent and resilient power supplies, both on and off Island, from a diverse mix of gas turbine, diesel, and hydro generation, plus a subsea cable connected to the UK grid.
- 24x7x365 specialist technical support, security and customer access.
- 24x7x365 onsite “remote hands” engineering service
- An air conditioned and humidity-controlled environment
- CAT6 LSF flood wired structured cabling
- Very early smoke and fire detection systems (VESDA)
- Argonite fire suppression system
- Purpose built, fully compartmented, and completely resilient secure underground fibre chambers.
- Flood protection and water detection systems.
- A unique Customer Internet Portal which allows customers access to monitor, view and measure power/bandwidth utilisation.
- DVR security surveillance system
- Fully integrated and centralised building management systems
- Our Data Centres offshore location means that it is less vulnerable to disruptive events compared to those in large mainland urban areas.
All of our Data Centres have been designed to minimize their impact on the environment with the use of outside air for supplementary cooling, low smoke and fume wires, and eco-friendly fire suppression systems. The Isle of Man is also committed to power diversity, renewable energy and reaching the Kyoto and Rio targets for CO2 emissions.