Fibre Installation Information
Prior to the installation:- watch our short video on the Fibre install process
- Your appointment slot can be 2-4 hours long.
- Important Note: Your existing copper broadband sockets cannot be used for your new Fibre service.
- The new Fibre cable may be visible from the outside of your house, but the engineer will do their best to keep this to a minimum.
- The engineer may need to drill through the outside wall of your home to get the Fibre cable into your property.
- If you are not the property owner, for example if you live in rented accommodation, you will need to supply confirmation that you have permission from your landlord to install Fibre.
- At the beginning of your appointment your preferred location for the new Fibre equipment can be discussed with your engineer
- The engineer will then survey your property and based on where the main Fibre feed comes into your property, which could be in your garage, they will advise on the best route and location of Fibre equipment, taking into consideration your preferred location.
- Access to 2 mains electrical sockets within 2 metres of our Fibre network equipment is required. Both the Fibre equipment and your router will need access to this electrical supply to operate. You will also need a third socket for a home phone if required.
- Installation of your Fibre service is subject to adequate ducting being in place into your property. If there are any issues with the duct available into your property our engineer, we will provide further advice and information.
- It may be necessary to reschedule your appointment if it is found that duct access into your property is not available.
- An engineer will call you approx. 30 minutes before arrival at your property. Please be aware that missed appointments are chargeable at £120.
- If you do need to cancel or amend an appointment time, we will require a minimum of 48 hours' notice.
After Your Install
- A few days after the Fibre has been installed, we will contact you to take instruction to cancel your copper home broadband service. Alternatively, please call our Consumer Sales team on 624624 option 2 or email us to place your request.
- Please note should you change your mind about your Fibre order you have 14 calendar days, after the date of installation, in which to contact us and to cancel the service without incurring any charges. All Fibre equipment and the Router supplied are required to be returned to us.
- If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us or email.
Copper broadband installation
Depending on what broadband service you’ve had in the past, if any, will depend on whether an engineer visit is required. If you have already had a copper broadband service of the same specification or higher, then an engineer visit will not be required. If you have never had a broadband service or had our Essentials plan (ADSL2+) and are signing up for a Fast tariff or higher (VDSL), then an engineer will need to visit. The engineer will convert the existing sockets ready for the new service and install the pre-configured router which we will post out to you.