Manx Telecom Privacy Notice
Last updated: 23rd May 2018
Under the Data Protection laws, we (Manx Telecom Trading Limited) are classified as data controllers, which means we determine the purposes and means of processing your personal information.
We take the privacy of your information very seriously and ask you to read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- The personal information we collect about you
- What we do with your information
- Who your information might be shared with
What information do we collect?
The following information is collected from you when completing forms on our websites or by contacting us (phone, email or in writing). This information may include:
- Your name
- Current address and proof of address
- Proof of ID
- Email address
- Fixed and mobile and telephone numbers
- Financial credit and debit card information
The above information may also be provided to us when:
- You open an account, request quotations, and register for email alerts
- You request literature and sign-up for newsletters
- If you apply for a job with us or have worked with us in the past
When you visit our websites, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, used to connect your computer to the internet; i.e. IP addresses
- Login information, your geographic location, browser type and version
- Browser types operating system and platforms
- Information about your visit
- Searches made on our sites, page response times, download errors, length of visits
- Page interaction information (such as page scrolling, mouse clicks, movements, keyed text)
- Methods used to browse away from the page
Why do we use your information?
We require your information to provide you with the services you require and to comply with obligations as set out in contracts with you.
We will only process your personal information to provide you with applicable service and we maintain a record of your contract or consent.
We will only e-mail or phone you about our products and services if you are an existing customer or we have an accurate record of your recent and freely given consent to do so.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by phoning 01624 624624 or emailing
There are times when it is not practical to obtain and record consent. At those times, we will only process personal information if that processing would meet a legal obligation. In which case we would only process in accordance with the law’s strict rules on processing.
Do we share your information?
We may have to share your personal data with:
- Other companies within our group
- Approved third parties who provide us with services to enable us to deliver services to you
- Our professional advisors or by third parties who provide us with services which we use internally to administer our services.
- Regulators and other authorities for the purposes of prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offences or issues relating to national security or, where we are required to do so in the event of a national emergency to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements
Some external third parties (for example our suppliers) are based or have offices outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’); if they process your data as part of our relationship with them, it may mean that your personal data is transferred outside the EEA. Where this occurs, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is applied in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
How long do we retain your information?
We will ensure personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. This includes:
- Reviewing the length of time personal data is retained
- Reviewing and considering why the information is retained
- Securely deleting information which is no longer needed
- Ensuring information held is updated and, when appropriate, is archived securely
What do we do with your information?
Your information is transmitted using encryption technology and securely stored as per our Information Security Policy and controls. For certain pieces of information, we are required to retain hard copy records, which are also stored as per our Information Security controls.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on our website and we will only use your information to respond to you.
We only have access to and collect information that you have voluntarily given us.
If you are required to send us your credit or debit card information, your card details will always be transmitted securely. Any credit or debit card information stored by us are in an encrypted form and cannot be viewed by employees.
The data collected from you will be transferred, processed and stored at our dedicated secured offices, data centres or secure cloud storage. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, processing and storing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely.
If we are required to process your information which does not meet the requirements above, we will inform you prior to this.
Where we have given you a password or where you have selected a password which enables you to access certain parts of any of our websites or services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential, including not sharing it with other persons.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our upmost to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our websites. In addition to the steps that we take to protect your personal data, you should take steps to help protect yourself against Internet fraud.
We have installed CCTV systems in some of our premises used by members of the public, for the purposes of public and staff safety and crime prevention and detection. CCTV is also installed on the outside of some of our buildings for the purposes of monitoring building security and crime prevention and detection.
Images captured by CCTV will not be kept for longer than necessary. However, on occasions there may be a need to keep images for longer, for example where a crime is being investigated.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to request a copy of the information held about you. If this information is incorrect, or you wish to have it removed, you have the right as an individual to request it to be rectified or erased. We will verify your identity prior to a request being actioned.
If you object to the processing, or feel that the personal information retained by us inaccurate or is being unlawfully processed, please inform us and we will restrict the processing until the matter has been investigated and corrected.
Contact details for Data Protection Officer
Complaints regarding data protection
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Isle of Man Information Commissioner’s Office, whose contact details can be found at www.inforights.im
Changes to this Privacy Notice