for Vodafone and EE customers on Island
IMPORTANT NOTE - March 2022 - Impact of changes to roaming tariffs for Vodafone and EE customers on Island.
- When you use your Manx Telecom mobile phone or device on the Isle of Man, you are using the Manx Telecom network; your home network. If you use your phone or device to make calls, send texts or use data in other places, you are utilising a different network; this is called roaming.
- Generally roaming charges are higher than home network charges. The charges levied by different network operators vary significantly, however Manx Telecom, wherever possible, quote roaming prices based on the area, or zone, you’re visiting rather than individual operator charges. Unlike a call or text, using mobile data is different, as most people are unaware of the amount of data they use. We've introduced a text alert service for data usage. You can find out more about this by clicking here.
- Remember, when roaming you are charged to receive an incoming call when outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and EU. To avoid these charges, divert your mobile to voicemail so you can choose when and where to retrieve your voice messages.
- Manx Telecom has roaming agreements in over 170 destinations around the world enabling customers to make and receive voice calls and texts when roaming outside of their home network. We also have mobile data agreements with over 200 operators world-wide ensuring that you can access the internet and email almost anywhere.
- Mobile phone users do have a responsibility to ensure that they know what their phone is doing and to be aware of the charges they are incurring. We are here to help and if the need arises, you can chat to one of our experts to advise you further.